The Creative & Performing Arts at Markham is currently undergoing a transformation.
Art, Drama and Music both in and outside the classroom are expanding. We believe that vibrant, engaged and creative imagination can only lend to academic well being, personal understanding and social engagement. We believe that every child should have the opportunity to participate in an Arts activity of their choice and with that choice, each child should have the opportunity to excel and become the best in their field.
Performing Arts is celebrated throughout Markham starting in Lower School with our yearly musicals, our Peruvian tradition of Bailes Peruanos and our growing Drama Department.
Early Years and Lower School:
- EY & LS 28 de Julio Performances
- EY & LS Christmas Shows
- EY Instrumental Programme recitals
- EY Ballet performances (internal and at a Festival)
- LS Squeaks and Squawks Concerts
- LS Bailes Peruanos Dance Recitals
- LS Carols by Candlelight
- LS Music Activities Concert
- LS Musical Play in English
- ADCA Music participation by LS
- Festival Inter- School Ballet participation by LS
- Spanish Plays
- English Plays
- Evening of Poetry and Music
- Music Recitals
- Orchestra Concert
- Participation at ADCA Music Festival
- IB Music Higher Level Recitals
- Guitar Recital